Fractal

Jets and Helicopters

Poll  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should fighter jets be available in Altis Life?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should high level police be allowed to use jets and attack helicopters with training and crash reports?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should players be able to do illegal runs with helicopters?

• Yes
    • No

I have seen a lot of servers ignore the capabilities of jets and helicopters and limit them to transportation. 

A great feature that may be hard to implement is helicopter runs. Players could get a cargo helicopter and do illegal runs and higher levels of police (and rebels) would have access to attack helicopters and fighter jets. If a police officer in either of these vehicles sees a helicopter or jet violating any air traffic laws or sees them leave an illegal area, they can send a message to them telling them to land with multiple warnings until they are shot down. Police officers can call for helicopter or fighter jet backup if someone they are chasing escapes by helicopter or jet too.

It may be easier and more profitable to do illegal runs with cargo helicopters, but the risk will be much higher.

For police officers that get these vehicles for free, they would have to fill out crash reports if they crashed any of these vehicles to ensure they are valuing the vehicles and their life and would receive flight training and testing.

I know this is hard to implement, so if anyone has any ideas that would make this suggestion better please comment below.

Edited by Fractal

I think for now attack helicopters are off the table for either faction. They just cause more chaos. 

As for delivery missions. I am unsure what you mean by heli runs specifically. If we put in delivery missions scripts someone could just use a heli 

4 minutes ago, Herzog said:

I think for now attack helicopters are off the table for either faction. They just cause more chaos. 

As for delivery missions. I am unsure what you mean by heli runs specifically. If we put in delivery missions scripts someone could just use a heli 

You would collect, process, and sell drugs and other illegal items using a cargo helicopter. But the risk is that everyone, including police, can see your helicopter and the risk is much higher. This would also require the flight paths to be over populated areas and police stations. The attack helicopters would allow police officers to take down these helicopters because if you fly high enough you're invincible.

We will definitely take your suggestion into consideration but attack choppers i can just see as a no. Generally, public servers and aircraft access dont mix because some people just cant fly or they just choose to not follow rules and crash. Its just more mess for the admins. 

Just for a hardcore server it seems a little too GTA.

Thank you for your suggestion though. I will talk it through with my developers.

Attack choppers, jets and such will not be implemented for roleplay reasons.

We might put in some jets without weapons just like there will be helicopters without.

There will be an armoured offroad that can be bought for a one time job such as the Federal Reserve.

Edited by Marc

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Attack choppers, yets and such will not be implemented for roleplay reasons.

We might put in some yets without weapons just like there will be helicopters without.

There will be an armoured offroad that can be bought for a one time job such as the Federal Reserve.

It's "jets" not "yets" XD

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.